Thursday, December 29, 2011

Feature and Follow Friday 12/30

Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. It's a fun way to gain followers and meet other bloggers.
This week:
Question of the Week: The New Year is here -- and everyone wants to know your New Years Blogging Resolution! What are you going to try to revise, revamp and redo for 2012 on your blog?
A. I really love this question because I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I have been very fortunate to have a steady (overflowing) stream of review requests. While I enjoy reading these books, I have had a hard time keeping up with all the requests and still finding time to focus on my main goal: writing my novel.
I know I'm not the only blogger/writer out there. There are tons of us. It's a natural progression from voracious book reader to aspiring writer. The problem occurs when my free time is factored in. I have about 3-4 hours after my kids have gone to bed to read/write/blog/social network/think about doing housework but never actually do it. And that's if I'm staying up waaaay later than I should be. When I've told someone that I will review their book I feel like that takes priority. Which means writing doesn't always happen for me.
So finally to my Resolution: Accept fewer requests (ouch...this is hurting already), have a wider variety of posts on the blog, and *stands proud, gazing into the distance* write my novel.
:-)
Any other writers out there struggling to find that perfect balance?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your writing and blogging! I'm a blogger and writer too!
My "Follow Friday Post"

New follower!
Romi.x

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. I would like to transition more into writing too. But my blogging and reading habits are important too. It's hard to balance.
My Hop

Anonymous said...

I'm not a writer but I understand your need to filter review requests. It's hard because I always want to accept them all but it's also important to balance everything and not get overwhelmed.

I'm a new follower! :)

Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

The Nocturnal Library said...

Yes, we haven't been accepting that many requests lately either. There simply isn't enough time. :)
Old follower.

Here's our #FF post

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Good luck with the writing and thanks for stopping by!

Christy said...

It is hard to balance everything....hopping by on the hop. New follower.

Anonymous said...

Just hopping by, luck in the New Year!

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday_30.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment and following!
I know- competitions are so fun to enter, win and hold too!

Unknown said...

I'm a reader/writer as well. I've never done reviews, and am pretty much a newbie blogger, but I can imagine that reviewing would take up a lot time. Sounds like cutting back is a great resolution!

New follower, catching up on FF.